General Rules & Regulations
- Application must be received by the deadline February 19, 2019 or be postmarked on that date. All entries must be accompanied by all the appropriate entry fees as stated for each class at the time of submission. Options include submitting the application in person at any Yip’s campus. Please observe our daily 6 p.m. cut-off. Email of application form is accepted; however all appropriate monetary funds must be properly submitted in accordance to the deadline date. Simply submitting the application form is not the equivalent of a placeholder. Cheques or money orders are to be made payable to Yip’s.
- Late submission will be accepted under the following criteria: i. Must be submitted IN PERSON to any Yip’s campus during the normal business hours. NO MAIL DELIVERY will be accepted. ii. A $15 penalty is applied to any late submission.
- An administration fee of $32 will be charged for all N.S.F. cheques.
- All piano repertoire must be chosen from 2015 RCM Syllabus unless otherwise stated. Competitors may enter a piece not listed in the current RCM Syllabus as an “irregular list submission”. Such submissions must be accompanied by the RCM written approval at time of application.
- All violin repertoire must be chosen from 2013 RCM Syllabus unless otherwise stated. Competitors may enter a piece not listed in the current RCM Syllabus as an “irregular list submission”. Such submissions must be accompanied by the RCM written approval at time of application.
- No special scheduling request will be considered.
- No changes can be made to repertoire selection after submission of application form.
- A test piece cannot be used in more than one class.
- Candidates are required to specify the duration of each piece of music they intend to compete with. Duration as close as possible is most preferable. Not submitting a duration time also results in an arbitrary decision by the Executive Committee which can lead to disqualification of prize with only adjudication given. This applies only to categories that require time duration.
- An unclear form, missing information, misleading information, or errors on the application may result in an arbitrary decision taken by the YMF Committee which includes refusal of the entry leading to disqualification or comments only to be given. It is the responsibility of the competitor to ensure that everything is properly filled. All entry fields on the application form are required and mandatory. No refunds are made under these circumstances.
- The YMF Committee reserves the final right to refuse any entry.
- All fees are non-refundable.
- Please provide a valid contact phone number as well as a regularly checked email upon application submission. YMF Committee reserves the right to contact competitors by either phone or e-mail.